Wednesday, September 29, 2010

We Play: Little People



I recently re-organized our toys and ended up bringing some of E's Little People up to our living room.  This has ended up making them her most-played-with toys.  And the best part about it is that she is starting to play with them independantly.  I still get constantly baraged with "Mommy, play with you [me]" requests, but now when I tell her to go play on her own for a little while, she will usually pull out some Little People.  Or sit and pout on the couch.  It's not all roses around here!  :)

She likes to line them up and create scenes with the Little People.  I thought that was only something little boys did with their trucks.  Nope, little girls get in on the action with doll figures!  It's that "sensitive period for order" I keep reading about in my Montessori books.




The other day she got out Noah's Ark and had a grand time pretending that Noah and Mrs. Noah were the Mommy and Daddy and they went on vacation in their boat with all their animal children.  The great part about this was that it was all initiated by E.  I loved how she got out a playsilk and used that for the water! 


Happy Playing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it when they get into the imaginative play on their own :) And adding things like play silkd for water is always a thrill as it show how much they are thinking about what is happening in their play :)

Christie - Childhood 101 said...

I love the little scenarios children create within their play and how often they are a reflection of what is happening in their lives.

Thanks for linking up to We Play.