Sunday, July 18, 2010

How to Keep a Munchkin Busy

We are leaving in a couple of days to go on a HUGE road trip.  Although E is a pretty good little traveler, I'm a bit nervous about being in the car for long 6-8 hour days.  We're planning on making lots of stops to run around, but she needs something to occupy her in the car, too!  I picked up a couple of backissues of Living Crafts from my favorite yarn store for me to peruse in the car, but I couldn't wait.  I found the cutest little drawstring backpack, and I knew I had to make one for E.  She chose the fabric from my embarrassingly large fabric stash.

Then, what to fill it with?  We decided that she would bring some of her finger puppets and some of her castle dolls.  I am going to surprise her with a magnetic storyboard and an I-Spy pouch.  And of course, a 400 page coloring book and new crayons for my little artist!


Other than the coloring book, it all fits inside quite nicely!

Hopefully when we return, our internet will be working properly again, and I will be able to resume normal posting.  See you all in August!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

Surely she will enjoy everything in her backpack. I have an award for you. Please visit this link to see it: http://raisingian.blogspot.com/2010/07/outstanding-blogger-award.html

abbie said...

We do eight hour car rides with my daughter frequently. It is not easy. Hope your travel days are going well.

Michelle said...

I love this bag what a great project!!

Thank you for your comment. Juliette is having the surgery on one side. It is so good to be able to talk to someone who has been through this same surgery. How was she after it...I am not sure what to expect or how I am going to be able to keep her still?? If you don't want to post in the comments you can e-mail me at kme0310@yahoo.com. How long was E in the hospital after her surgery??? I'm sorry I feel like I have a million questions.