Friday, February 12, 2010

From the Book Corner

E and I have some new favorite books to share with you today.  We recently found the Pebble Plus series at our library, and we LOVE them.  I have been looking for some simple non-fiction books about animals to share with E.  Specifically ones with great photography, rather than drawings.  Enter Pebble Plus.  I like the Eyewitness books, but they are way over my 2-year-old's head.  Too many things going on on the pages.  The Pebble Plus books are simple.  3 or so sentences per page, and some great huge photographs.  E's current favorite is the one about meerkats, part of the African animals series.  She tells me, "Meerkats are from Africa.  They eat lilards (lizards).  I love them."  They also have books about big trucks and construction equipment, plant systems, landmarks, personal health and hygiene, and weather/seasons.  I'm finding them to be a wonderful, age appropriate, non-fiction series.  We have to pick up at least one each time we go to the library.

On a slightly related note . . . do you know how hard it is to drag a 2-year-old book lover from the library WITHOUT any books because you forgot your wallet at home??  Yeah, it was a real fun morning.

No comments: