Tuesday, January 5, 2010

My Word for 2010

I've seen several blogs writing about having a word for the new year. I have loved reading about what each author thinks is the most important thing for them to think about right now. I especially connected with my friend, Erin, and her post about PRIORITIES in 2010. Erin, I'm right there with ya, girl!

I think my word for 2010 needs to be FOCUS.

I need to stop trying to do twenty things at once, and instead focus on doing one thing well at a time.

I need to put God at the focus of everything I do more often.

I need to focus on supporting my husband.

I need to focus on raising my daughter the best way I can.

Everything else is just extra, but a lot of the time it can get in the way. I have a feeling this is going to be a challenge for me. I am someone who always needs to stay busy, I don't know what to do with myself when I have fewer than five projects going at any time. But they don't always get completed, and when they do, it's often not to the best of my ability. I am looking forward to the challenge of FOCUSING on one thing at a time.

What's your word for 2010?

No comments: