Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year! I'm back!

Why, yes, it has been a while since my last post. But I've been very busy. With what, you ask? Well, we've been working on our basement. Turning it from an unfinished storage area into this:

A playroom and schoolroom for E,
And a craft room for me!
We've been working like busy bees to get this finished by Christmas. Santa brought E the kitchen, and I said we had to have a playroom to put it in. I do not need a toy kitchen in my real kitchen! So, it's not completely finished, but definitely usable. E loves playing down there! We still need electrical, real carpet (although the remnant from my parent's living room fits almost perfectly!), and some sort of heat. Our little space heater doesn't really cut it when it's only 20 degrees outside! I'm also going to get a couple more shelves, one of which will be devoted to E's totschool activities for the week.

I love that E has a place to play and I don't care if it gets messy. I love that I have a place to hang up all of her artwork and letters from our letter of the week playdates. And I LOVE that I have my own area to work while she plays! And we got it finished by Christmas. We get to test it out with friends this Saturday at E's birthday party. She's two already!!

No comments: