Sunday, January 10, 2010

Color Wheel Project: Red

We are working on putting a color wheel together with Mommies Little Artist, and this week was red. I had great intentions of doing at least three projects using red. We only got to one, it was E's birthday this week and between celebrating with family and planning and preparing for the birthday party yesterday, time just got away from me.

Anyhow, the red project we did was a lot of fun. We painted with different shades of red on our new easel that E got for Christmas.

I put red paint into three cups and added white to one, black to another, and left the third alone.

E helped me mix the colors up. I labeled the colors for her dark red, red, and light red. (Pink, Mama!)
I put a separate paint brush in each cup, and turned her loose. She told me she was painting fishies. Ok, cool!
When we have completed all the colors, I will be cutting out part of this masterpiece to make a pie for the color wheel.
For more open ended art, be sure to visit Mommies Little Artist

1 comment:

Gidget Girl Reading said...

love the painting! love all the shades