Sunday, October 18, 2009

Recipe Corner: Quiche Muffins

I have a problem in my house. I love to eat things like quiche, omelets, and fritatas. My husband cannot stand eggs in anything other than baked goods. My little munchkin doesn't care for them much, either. So this recipe was my solution to that problem. I baked a big batch of quiche muffins, little individual quiches! Now I can have eggs whenever I want them. I got the recipe from 30 Day Gourmet over here.

You will need:
16 oz. cottage cheese, pureed in a food processor
4 eggs
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/4 t. salt
2 c. sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/4 c. onions, chopped

Beat eggs in a large bowl. Add milk, flour, baking powder, and salt to eggs and mix until smooth. Add the pureed cottage cheese to the egg mixture and mix. Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese, bacon, and onions.

Pour filling into a well-greased muffin tin. Bake at 375 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Cool and freeze in small freezer bags for individual servings.

These are delicious! The only trouble I ran into was getting them out of the muffin tin. I ran out of cooking spray and had to use butter for greasing my pan, I guess I didn't get in the corners well enough. They still taste good, though, even if they don't look quite perfect. And I love that they are freezable. They will last me for months!

Happy Cooking!
Nicole.

No comments: